Monday, November 17, 2008

NSN with Edwin McCain 11-16-07

We wound up with a double-dose of Edwin McCain on this NSN, after scheduled opener Brian Vander Ark came down with a bug that took away his voice. Edwin graciously agreed to perform both the 8pm and 9pm sets. He certainly has more than enough songs to sing and stories to tell to fill the time. I was expecting Edwin to fill the set with songs from his new album of all-soul covers (Nobody's Fault But Mine), but he did not. "I Got Dreams To Remember" is the only song I recognized as being from that album. Mostly Edwin stuck to his own compositions from down through the years. He didn't work from a set list, so I don't have a definitive list for you this week, but he did do long-time favorites "Solitude" (2nd song in the 9pm set), and "I'll Be" and "Grammercy Park Hotel" (the last two songs of the night). A few other titles I remember from the first set were "White Crosses" and "I Could Not Ask For More." The second set included "Shooting Stars" and "I Got Dreams To Remember." Edwin's done our show several times and it's always a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment